Yogurt Face Mask Recipes
If you are suffering from some problems like excessive oiliness on your face, dry skin, acne and skin dullness, then a plain yogurt face mask is the best option to care for your face. The yogurt face mask is very effective and valuable at cleansing, disinfecting pores, moisturizing skin and preventing acne and stimulating its texture.
Types of the Yogurt Face Mask
- Plain flavored yogurt - If you are selecting ingredients for your face mask then select the plain flavored yogurt. The fruit includes so much sugar so these are not beneficial for the face or skin. There are also other ingredients which are not beneficial for the skin and face. It also depends upon what is the type or textures your skin. If your skin is dry then only plain yogurt which includes some lipid contents full of fat can provide the required moisture or fairness and if your skin is oily then use the low fat yogurt which includes low fat.
- Organic yogurt - On the other hand, organic yogurt is also very effective for the skin and face. These are available in the market at the health food store. If you want to prevent from the pesticides and residual hormones which are present in the non–organic dairy products, then use the organic yogurt face mask. The organic yogurt contains live cultures and more active ingredients which improves the bioavailability of the yogurt’s nutrient.
Benefits of the Yogurt Face Mask
The yogurt provides several benefits to your skin and saves you from the skin and face problems.
- Yogurts include some antibacterial properties which makes it very useful degerming cleansers.
- Yogurt’s lactic acid ingredient relieves the irritating problems, makes clear the pores and softens your skin.
Generally, you can say that yogurt is well known because of its probiotics which contains more active and active cultures. That’s why it is very useful and helpful to treat your skin in a natural way. It saves you from the problems like eczema, dryness in skin and acne.
Optional Ingredients for Face Mask
- Yogurt can be used either as a face mask or with the combination of other ingredients which lead to some more benefits to your face or skin.
- If you are suffering from dryness and flaky face then add one spoon of honey and two spoons of grated carrots to the Yogurt. Mix all these ingredients in the mixer or by hand before applying to your face.
- If your skin is particularly dull or dry then mix two tablespoons of lemon juice to your yogurt face mask. The lemon is very helpful to get rid of the dead skin and clarifies the pores of skin.
- You can try the yogurt face mask with some natural ingredients like aloe, oatmeal, banana and cucumber to get effective results for your skin.
Some Safety Measures
If you find that the yogurt face mask is allergic for you then avoid using yogurt and also if you are feeling that it produces some kind of burning or pain then wash off the mask and contact your doctor.
If you feel that your skin feels tight after the use of face mask then applies the non-comedogenic moisturizer to hydrate and defend skin cells.